5’2”...Started playing golf at the age of 12...Credits her parents, grandparents and coach Renton Doig as the individuals most influencing her career...Hobbies include reading, shopping, skiing and most sports.
2017 in a Nutshell
- 19 events, five cuts made, $62,753 (124)
- Recorded a season-best T16 finish at the LOTTE Championship
- 14 events, 10 cuts made, $82,459 (102)
- Recorded a season-best T16 finish at the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give
- 14 events, 5 cuts made, $38,997 (120)
- 18 events, 11 cuts made, $68,760 (102)
- 19 events, 10 cuts made, $64,593 (96)
- Season-best finish was T25 at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship Presented by P&G
- 19 events, 14 cuts made, $111,725 (74)
- Season-best finish was T20 at the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for 11th at the Navistar LPGA Classic.
- Tied for 16th at the CN Canadian Women's Open.
- Tied for 29th at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.
- Tied for 32nd at the Kia Classic; tied for 33rd at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
- Finished tied for 11th at the CN Canadian Women's Open.
- Best finish was ninth place at the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons, where she carded a season-low 67 in the third round.
- Also carded a 67 in the third round of the LPGA Corning Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for sixth at the LPGA Corning Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for seventh at the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill.
- Best finish was a tie for fifth at the Corona Morelia Championship.
- Best finish was a tie for seventh at the Wegmans Rochester LPGA.
- Best finish was a tie for second at the Chick-fil-A Charity Championship hosted by Nancy Lopez.
- Finished third at the Sybase Classic Presented by Lincoln Mercury.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings at the Evian Masters.
- Finished second at the ShopRite LPGA Classic, the best finish of her career.
- Best finish was a tie for seventh at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- Posted a career-low 63 during the first round of the State Farm Classic.
- Also competed in four events on the Ladies European Tour (LET), where she posted two top-10 finishes.
- Posted a tie for seventh at the Longs Drugs Challenge, her LPGA professional debut.
- Finished second to Hee-Won Han for Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year honors.
- Competed in eight events on the LET and never finished lower than 17th.
- Turned professional in August and qualified for the Tour by tying for 14th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2001 LPGA season.
- While growing up in Wales, Morgan represented the Welsh Junior and Under-21 teams and also captured the 1991-92 Welsh School Championship titles.
- She was a member of the Great Britain and Ireland Curtis Cup Team in 1998 and 2000, and was runner-up in 1996 and a semifinalist in 1997 at the British Amateur Championship.
- While at UNC at Greensboro, Morgan won 10 collegiate tournaments, including three Big South Conference Championships from 1995-97.
- She was named Second-Team All-American in 1997 and finished 10th in the NCAA Championship the same year.
- She added runner-up finishes at the Welsh Amateur Championship from 1998-99 and finished second at the South Atlantic Amateur Championship in 2000.
- Started playing golf at the age of 12.
- Credits her parents, grandparents and coach Renton Doig as the individuals most influencing her career.
- Hobbies include reading, shopping, skiing and most sports.
- Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.