5'5"...Started playing golf at the age of 6...Credits her dad as the individual most influencing her career...Enjoys playing all sports, listening to music, spending time with friends and family, and trying to play her guitar.
2017 in a Nutshell
- 21 events, 11 cuts made, $461,094 (42)
- Made a career-high 21 starts, with 11 cuts made and three top-5 finishes including a career-best runner-up result at Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic
- Surpassed $100,000 in season earnings for the first time in her career
- 16 events, 8 cuts made, $73,210 (107)
- Tied her career-low round with a 67 in the final round of the ShopRite LPGA Classic
- Recorded a career-best T15 finish at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic
- In 2007, turned professional in May and competed on the Ladies European Tour (LET), where she won the Catalonia Ladies Masters and tied for 24th at the Evian Masters; tied for 18th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season.
Simon enjoyed a well-decorated amateur career, winning four professional events as an amateur. She won the 2004 South African Open at the age of 14. Simon went on to win the 2005 Pam Golding Classic and the Nedbank Masters in 2006 on the Ladies Africa Tour. Before turning professional in 2007, she won the South African Open for the second time. She is a four-time South African Amateur Stroke Play champion (2004-07) and a three-time South African Amateur Match Play champion (2004, 2006-07). Simon competed in the 2006 Rolex Tournament of Champions and in the 2006 World Amateur Team Championships. She also partnered with Laurette Maritz three times to represent South Africa at the Women's World Cup of Golf, an unofficial event on the LPGA Tour (2005-07).